How it works
- Please go to the sales hut on arrival.
- Collect picking containers or have your own weighed.
- We provide small containers which hold about 450g to 750g depending on the type of fruit, and larger containers which hold around 2-2.5 kg.
- Containers are charged for and weighed with the fruit. This works out at about 10p per small container and 50p per large container. We do encourage you to reuse your containers on return visits.
- You are welcome to bring your own containers but these must be weighed before picking so that we know what to deduct at payment.
- Information on fruit available for picking & prices is displayed in the sales hut.
- If you are unsure of anything please ask.
- Go and pick your chosen fruits, keeping different fruits in separate containers.
- Please walk well down along fruit rows before starting to pick which helps maintain even picking and prevents fruit waste.
- Please pick carefully to avoid damaging plants and irrigation lines. Fruit should be placed gently into containers to avoid bruising.
- No eating of fruit before it has been paid for
- Return to the sales hut to weigh and pay – payment can be made by cash or card.
- All picked fruit must be paid for (we will not buy excess off you and we will not tolerate tipping and sorting of fruit before paying). Please supervise children and what they are picking and do not allow them to pick more than you require.
- Please observe our closing time.
PICK – WEIGH – PAY – THEN EAT!
We reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone at any time and also to ask anyone to leave who is disrespectful to our staff and other customers or exhibits any kind of inappropriate behaviour..
Please remember this is a business and we will not tolerate the presence of anyone whose clear intention is to visit purely to wander and eat fruit without paying for it.
Please observe the following
- Drive slowly down the narrow village lanes and into the car park, being aware of pedestrians, especially children, at all times.
- Park sensibly in the car park in line with other cars.
- Most of the fruit areas are accessible for wheelchairs, prams and buggies but please be aware that as this is a farm there is uneven ground.
- Pets are not allowed in the picking area, so please leave them at home.
- Be courteous to other customers and staff.
- No throwing of fruit.
- No picnics in the fruit areas.
- Do not wander out of designated fruit picking areas and stay out of areas which are roped or taped off.
- This is a working farm so please be aware of machinery and do not let children out of your sight.
- Do not disturb nesting birds.
- Be aware of bees, wasps and other insects.
- Wear appropriate footwear and bring sunscreen if the weather is hot.
- We advise you to bring any necessary medication with you, especially if you have allergies.
- Take your litter home with you.
- Wash your fruit carefully before eating.
- School parties, coach parties & large groups must notify us in advance to gain consent to visit.